Updated Lift Piston Question

JJay48

I was watching this youtube video and he was using a teflon backer instead of the leather one. Has anyone else done this and had good results? He said it is still working great.

Either one will work OK. The teflon will probably last somewhat longer, and resist o-ring extrusion a little better than the leather. Ensure the back-up ring goes on the non-pressure side of the o-ring. zuhnc

Either one will work OK. The teflon will probably last somewhat longer, and resist o-ring extrusion a little better than the leather. Ensure the back-up ring goes on the non-pressure side of the o-ring. zuhnc
If I went with teflon any idea what the dimensions would need to be or where I could get one? I could also look up hydraulic shops and take my piston to one and see what they have available.

If I went with teflon any idea what the dimensions would need to be or where I could get one? I could also look up hydraulic shops and take my piston to one and see what they have available.
All the specs you need. Thanks to a post from years ago by TOH

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back