Value of 4 bottom IH plow

nemo-farmer

New User
Just wanting to know if anyone knows the value of my IH 4 bottom semi mounted fast hitch/three point plow? Moldboards are good. Missing one coulter. Shears show a little wear. Tail and gage wheel are intact. Plow is for sale.

It's really hard to say with any kind of certainty. Fast Hitch makes it collectible, but plows are not in as much demand as tractors.

In my part of the country, I'd expect it to bring a couple hundred bucks at auction, but unless you get two or more bidding on it, it could go for less.

Several years ago I got a 3 bottom fast hitch plow for $75.00. It needed repair on the colters and 1 landside was missing.
Last spring I went to an auction where there were about 25 pieces of fast hitch equipment - many duplicate pieces. So this sale was well advertised as Fast Hitch. There were 2 - 3 bottom fast hitch plows like mine. They were in good shape and field ready. They went for $350.00 and $300.00. A 8 foot fast hitch disc went for $800.00.

I just sold a 3 point 3-16 IH plow, still had all the blue paint and yellow decals on the moldboards. Super Cheifs. Looked faded but unused. I let it out the door for 250.

Gordo

That plow is pretty popular. Six or seven years ago I paid $375 for a very good one - fast hitch/semi mount. Plows in general are bringing more at farm sales. There was a time 10 - 15 years ago that they would bring "junk value". The scrap guys would buy them and the cutting torch would be started within 5 minutes of the crowd moving down the machinery line. I have seen 5 and 6 bottom semi mounted plows bring $50 to $75. Not today. Most of the time they will bring $300 to $600 depending on how many bidders there are interested. The four bottom is fairly collectable because they can be hooked to a 560 or 706 and make a very nice unit. They are a very fun plow to use as you have to drop the 2 point hitch and then the tail wheel.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back