Wd45 stuck in gear

Greasy45

New User
Hi all!

I'm new here so hopefully I post this in the right spot. I've got a later year Wd45 that seems to be stuck in 1st gear, but will still shift into reverse. Shifting into reverse while stuck in 1st binds it up and will not move, but is it possible I have a lockout pin problem allowing me to be in one gear but shift to another? I replaced the shift lever with a new one, also the little square head pins for keeping it aligned, and it helped. But not with the getting stuck in gear problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sounds like you did not align your shift forks when you replaced the shifter, either that or the 1st and 2nd shift fork is broke or not engaged in its syncro. You will
need to pull either the shifter or the shift tower and align the forks, check for broken or incorrectly installed forks.

Happens everytime I use 1st gear. 2nd, 3rd and 4th work fine. Is it possible. I need to add material to the top of the shift forks where the lever makes contact?

If I understand you correctly, the problem is shifting from 1st to reverse. You can drive in 1st just fine and you can shift from 2nd - 4th to reverse just fine. If this is correct then yes your assumption
of something being wore is correct. Usually it is the ball on the end of the shifter but then you also usually have problems with all gears when this is the case. I am guessing the problem is on the shift
fork, either with the socket that the shifter ball rides in or the tines of the shift fork it self.

If this happened when you replaced the shift lever, it sounds like you didn't have the forks lined up. Pull the lever again and make sure they are all in neutral. If it does it after that, something is wrong with the forks themselves.
AaronSEIA

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back