Where do you find/buy your tractors

SebTX

It took me two years but I'm finally done restoring my 8n - This was my first tractor, made lots of mistakes but loved the process. I would like to get my hands on another tractor that needs work but I can't seem to find older Fords around my area (Columbus - TX). Where do you find your restoration projects? Craigslist and local dealers are my only source but there must be other ways. I'm looking for 600/700/800/900 series or maybe a 4000 gas - I don't know anything about diesel engines.

Thanks.

Ive been getting mine off of Craigslist and Facebook marketplace, and driving around. I also look in the paper.

If you have a way to haul a tractor and are willing to travel for one it opens up a lot of opportunities.
There's Purplewave.com, Bigiron.com, Govdeals.com, Publicsurplus.com, hibid.com, proxibid.com and a host of other auction sites you can use to bid on tractors.
Then there's Searchtempest.com that you can use to search all the craigslists within a specified distance of your zip code. I use searchtempest a lot.
All of them take a bit of learning to use their website but most are pretty easy to figure out.

Facebook marketplace. Yes you have to join Facebook.....but you don't have to accept friend requests. You don't have to get into the drama. You can join some awesome groups. They have groups for everything, each tractor has its own group. Hay equipment, plowing, gardening...... Most of them do not allow posts about anything other than the specific subject. They are fast on the delete button. I enjoy it. Sell tons of Farmall Cub parts on there. And buy lots of tractors too!

These are on Facebook marketplace in Houston tx area ..
cvphoto82910.png

cvphoto82911.png

You might want to check this. Texas tractor trader or East Texas farm tractor and equipment both are on Facebook.

there have been a number of Fords on Craig's List - Austin Farm and Garden. are they any good? I don't know.

Quite a collection Fred. I'm sure someone in the Gov's office in NY is counting them and working on a way to collect more taxes on them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back