Recent content by Clifton1979

  1. C

    1155 and 1085

    I have a Massey Ferguson 1085 as well as a 1155 with the V8 in it. The V8 is locked up and will need rebuilding. I also have a 1085 that is having some transmission issues and hydraulic issues. My question is.......will these perkins engines swap?. I would definetely have larger fuel tanks, a...
  2. C

    Massey Ferguson 1085

    I have a 1974 Massey Ferguson 1085 that is having some hydraulic issues. The three point will come all the way up when I start the tractor, no matter what position the controls are in. It looks like the controls are not set right but has been apart by the previous owner and do not know how they...
  3. C

    Tye Native Grass Grain Drill

    Conservaton Resource Program, or CRP is what I am using it for. They pretty much do all of your real fluffy grass seeds, mainly the ones that are to light to go through a normal drill. This one uses 3 inch diameter hoses that are attached from the bottom of the box to the top of a tube which is...
  4. C

    Tye Native Grass Grain Drill

    I have an old grain drill that is set up for native grass. Got it from an old fella here in the lower part of NM. I am having absolute hell trying to keep this thing together, I have replaced every bearing, chain, sprocket and even paint, now it is breaking hard parts and frame work. Native...
  5. C

    Massey 155

    The subject should say Massey 1155, sorry.
  6. C

    Massey 155

    I have just aquired an 1155 with the V8 Perkins in it. This tractor was only supposed to have been sitting for a few years and have found out its more like 12 years. I could not get it to start, the engine rolled over about a 1/4 turn and then stopped and would not budge. The is a cap on the...
  7. C

    John Deere D

    Thanks for all the feedback. I think I am just going to pull the radiator and have it cleaned. As long as this old girl has been sitting I think that would be the best way to go.
  8. C

    John Deere D

    This doesnt have hoses on the bottom to disconnect and flush from. I currently have about 7 gallons in it now and it at the top of the siphon pipe. I am pretty sure the radiator is plugged, I would feel safer removing it and having it cleaned either way, that is what I will do in the morning...
  9. C

    John Deere D

    I just placed a new temp gauge in it and was showing 220. This is the first time the tractor has run in almost 30 plus years. I put 2 gallons of antifreeze mixed with 3 gallons of water in the radiator. When I pulled the cap off the radiator there was a substantial amount of loose rust inside it...
  10. C

    John Deere D

    I have a John Deere D that I just recently picked up and got running. It is getting pretty hot and does not seem to be moving any water when I remove the radiator cap and look inside and,I cannot find anyone with a rebuilt water pump for it. Does this thing even have a water pump and if it...
  11. C

    Massey Ferguson 1155 Starting problems

    Thanks for the help. Supposedly the previous owner had just finished disking and put the tractor up. He passed away a couple of days later and his son has given me the tractor.
  12. C

    Massey Ferguson 1155 Starting problems

    My 1155 will not hit a lick. I have put two hot batteries and a new solenoid on a the starter. All I get is the noise of the solenoid hammering like the batteries are dead. I am picking this thing up out of a field where it sat for 3 years. I cannot get this thing to turn over at all. I took a...
  13. C

    Massey1155

    The terminal are hooked up right, I have done that before on a tractor that had the same color cables and I was in a hurry. I did clean both ends of the cable and then put it back together. I have had the terminals on a large truck melt like that once over a bad connection, it was trying to pull...
  14. C

    Massey1155

    I have just acquired an 1155 Massey that has been sitting for 3.5 to 4 years. I went to pick it up today and have had a little trouble. I put both batteries on and tried to spin it over, the starter acted like the batteries are dead and the got one so hot it melted the lead spin on cable...
  15. C

    Case DC and Case SC

    I crawled over everything they had on their lot, nothing in Case of that age.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top