Recent content by Tims-A

  1. T

    Pretty Funny You Guys!!!!!

    So here I am Saturday, reinstalling the timing cover on the A. Everything is clean, new gasket-n-seal, heated the pulley, hit my thumb tapping it carefully on.(Blood is farmall red) Rotated the crank to align the cover/seal before tightening, Nice! Waiting for parts for the governor, so while...
  2. T

    A - Timing Cover Re-install help request

    I searched the archive. I found I have a speedy sleeve on the pulley already. Now I need to replace that, and get a new seal to match. Will NAPA provide this? Where do I get a speedy sleeve and seal combo. Can I heat the old one to remove it? Thanks again Tim
  3. T

    A - Timing Cover Re-install help request

    I have had the timing cover on my A off to inspect the weld on the right front of the engine block casting. Yes, I have the right front broken block blues. The weld appears sound, so I am ready to re-install the timing cover. The engine is supported in a cradle on each side of the oil pan. How...
  4. T

    Wrapped around the Axle Seperation

    Holy Sh@&! By the time I got to reading about clear coating the barn to avoid a tax increase, I was laughing so hard I was crying. First Hugh says spare the hammer, now I have to have a set of "Big Ones" (torches). I can see my neigbors now when I drag this thing outback to my wood lot with a...
  5. T

    Front Axle Seperation

    I'm trying not to get wrapped around the axle. I want to seperate the extendable front axles from the main tube. The clamps are off and the center cross bolts are out. Suggestions anyone? Hugh, if I don't hear from you soon Im going for the hammer!! Kidding. Thanks in advance, Tim
  6. T

    Farmall A front pivot pin

    Andrew, Thanks for the heads up, thats what I needed. Tim
  7. T

    Farmall A front pivot pin

    Hugh, Thanks again, removing the bolts completely was the answer. You were right on both counts, looking a little closer too. Tim
  8. T

    Farmall A front pivot pin

    I'm removing (attempting) the front axle assembly to do several repairs. I have loosened the clamp bolts (steering gear casting) on each end of the pivot pin. I can move the pin about 1/8th inch each way with a persuader, then it stops solid. Any ideas on how to remove this? Could it be frozen...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top