1982 jd 3130 hydraulic problems

Anonymous-0

This message is a reply to an archived post by K.B.826 on November 20, 2007 at 16:27:20.
The original subject was "Re: 1982 jd 3130 hydraulic problems".

thanks for all your help so far. i'm finally getting round to repairing the tractor and have just one more question.
the last time i got the seals etc replaced the mechanic used universal farm oil in back end. i queried him on this and suggested that it should possibly be hydraulic oil as it was feeding the power steering, lift and hydraulic valves. i have since been told that he should have used atf oil.
Can anyone tell me for sure which is the correct oil to use?

ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW:::::::::

hi all. i have a 1982 jd 3130 which i am experiencing hydraulic problems with in the back end. when i bought the tractor there was a small oil leak at the mounting pins for the rear lift arms and there was a bit of play in the power steering due to the loss of oil. i had the two seal on the mounting pins replaced, and everthing was fine for a while. because of the increased pressure from the new seals one of the seals or o rings in the steering column then started to leak. i took this to be old age and replaced it too. it has now started to leak from all three places again.
any ideas what is causing this and any solutions.
any help is greatly appreciated

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back