460 diesel utility starter

So I was given a 460 diesel utility basket case. I dont have a starter for it and was curious if theres other models that will interchange with it that are easier to come by. Ive been told the utility tractors are oddballs and not much will swap to it. Thank you for any input you all might have

The same Delco starter also fits the Farmall version of a 460 D. Delco 1108657 It may fit others as well. Jim

If you go to the Caseih website it will give the options for alternative parts that it would fit so you can look for other models. You will need to look under the engine model like a D282 or whatever your engine is for this rather than the tractor model. Also All State Ag Parts will list some models like that also.

Hello Clayton welcome to YT. To simplify what Jim is saying any starter off a Farmall row crop 460 or 560 diesel will fit. In the YT parts listing the number Jim gave is in the first option listed for $370, it also shows some gas and LP models included. Nine tooth start drive but yours is gone so how would you know. In the link you have to scroll down about a third of the way, no pictures.
YT 460 starters

I would ve thought the 460 and 560 used the same starter since it s the same engine with different internals. Mechanic around home told me his books called for different part numbers and google wouldn t give me the answers I was looking for so I figured this was my next best bet rather than order one and hope for the best. Thank you much

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back