574 water in oil?

Hattrick

I know this is a common question and there could be multiple reasons but my question is a little different. Looking at this tractor that came for sale and it has some issues for sure but when you put water in the radiator it comes out the dipstick tube. Is this for sure a cracked sleeve or cracked block? Or is there something else that would cause this? I know it is wishful thinking.

Yeah the sleeve orings, but Ive never seen orings that bad that lets water run by that fast.
That engine has a major problem, Id pull the oil pan just to see where its coming from, then maybe the head. But youre going to see the problem if its that bad.

Water coming out the dipstick tub as soon as it is poured in the radiator tells me that the engine is full of water clear to the top of the dipstick tube. Whatever the reason, unless that just happened this week, the engine is probably junk.

Unless it happened yesterday or real recently you are asking for a lot of expense and work just to have a tractor. There are plenty of them around for less than it would cost to fix this one unless it has some real appeal to it.

Kind of what I was thinking also. Well the tractor has brand new rear Titan Tires and a nice 2250 loader. Maybe I can get it for scrap value and part it out and find another tractor to put the loader on. Tires may be worth what I get the tractor for. I would like an older Farmall square nose anyway. Just not sure what would be a good tractor to look for. I have seen a few decent 560 wide fronts. Probably a new thread would be best but what would be a good tractor to mount that 2250 loader on

2250 will work well on the 84 and 85 series, but 85 series uses a different mount. If you do get it and decide to part it , post back, Id be interested in a couple parts.

Here in uk this tractor would be classed as a fixer upper
Parts are better priced here and its a handy tractor
Looks like liners are corroded

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back