9n PTO shaft from mower keeps coming apart

If you are asking about a penetrating oi/fluid, the info Showcrop gave you to check out is good. You can mix your own, an ATF and acetone combination is one people commonly make. If you just want to go in a store and get an aerosol can, ready to use, PB Blaster Penetrating oil is usually easy to find. CRC Knock-r-loose, Liquid Wrench, Aero Kroil are some others commonly available. Everyone has their favorite so you may get a bunch more suggestions.

Simple solution take the front half to an equipment dealer and have them install a new yoke on the end of the coupling, The cross pin seems to be a problem as it should stick out of the other side and have a clip on it to keep it from coming out.

Sounds a lot like Ford vs Chevy vs Ram... being formerly ignorant, I already had WD-40 so it's just about perfect. However, next time I'll probably go with ...

Thanks, it was a great clip, and I'll check out some more soon.

Truth be known I have to believe most, if not all, have used WD40 at times if it was at hand, right then. If it worked in this case, it worked -- mission accomplished.

(quoted from post at 10:52:55 05/03/23) Simple solution take the front half to an equipment dealer and have them install a new yoke on the end of the coupling, The cross pin seems to be a problem as it should stick out of the other side and have a clip on it to keep it from coming out.
The Deere dealer referred me to a machine shop. They had it ready next day, and it works like a charm. Mowed the pasture and never failed.

The limiter chains helped a lot as well. Thanks to everybody for your patience and advice!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back