Janicholson

Because it was Cockshutt as the main feature at Albany Pioneer Days. Jim
cvphoto163484.jpg

cvphoto163485.jpg

Those were good looking tractors for the mid 50s. And they worked really well too. Good selection of speeds with the 6 forward 2 reverse gears. You sat up nice and high, and had good visibility and a flat operator platform. Decent fenders and they steered easily enough you didnt need power steering.

Yes good tractors. Our Co-op E-3 had a 4 speed tranny with the hi/lo range. Made a great baling or swathing tractor. Fuel efficient also.

Dad's first diesel was a 40 with the Buda engine. Another 40 gas in the neighborhood...all had a whine in 3rd gear. I was working summer fallow when the governor stuck wide open on the 40 diesel...couldn't get it to shut down. Stood back from the tractor and it finally quit, walked home as I was afraid to start it. Dad traded for a 70 JD diesel which had flywheel problems. Finally got a 400 Case diesel...thought we were in heaven.

There were a few of them on Saturday. The Go-pher club had their summer meet and banquet.
Back in the day there were 5- 500 series on four farms within a mile of home. 1-560, 2-570s, and 2-570 Supers. Most of them ran the silage chopper because of the hp and live PTO. I still recall the hum of those Hercules bellering in the valley.

I have three COOPs that were my father-in-law's. Two E3s and an E4. All of them whine in at least one gear. He got the 4 in the early 70s mainly for belt power filling silo. I rebuilt the engine. Cost more than the tractor is worth but I love it.

i got a like new cockshutt 30 with wide adjustable front 3 point and all options. and a 30 tricycle with just live hydraulics and lpto. great tractors in their era still are

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back