dia of harvestore silos

Anonymous-0

Does anyone have any experiance with smaller dia harvestore silos. It is common to see 20 foot or bigger units. Did they build 16 or 18 footers. I am looking at maybe putting up one with a top unloader, 20 feet might be hard for me to stay ahead of spoilage. I know I sound nuts, but they are a good looking unit. I always wanted one, and if you cant get some of the things you want, then why keep getting out of bed. I am not a big enough operation to do the pit silo thing, and to wet for bags without lots of cement to drive on. I have a couple old upright silos that I fill and dont have a problem with that system. I just need a little more room, and thought one tall 16 or 18 could replace two old ones that dont hold enough. Anyone ever moved a blue unit themselves? I was thinking of the crane idea, and unbolting sheets from the bottom while it is lifted up. Why replace all the bolts? Cant most of them be sand blasted if they are rusty? There has to be someway of putting some of these old structures back to use without spending a bundle of money. There is always more than one way to skin a cat. I have heard tons of bad remarks about Harvestores, but also know some guys who are still in farming who say the feed quality was good if done right. I was talking to a guy who saw one unloaded with a top unloader using a mole to make a hole up the center after it was filled. Ok guys,,,, tell me what you think!!

They were made in 17, 20, and 25 foot diameters. Your best bet would be to buy a 20 footer- vast majority of unloaders made fit the 20, so parts are easier to come by. Since it is a sealed unit, you don"t have to worry about removing enough feed each day to stay ahead of spoilage, like on a concrete upright. You do need to replace bolts when reassembling, since the original torque stretches them. Feed quality is better than in a bunker or upright. Repairs are spendy. Bags? Cost per ton of storage is good, feed quality is good, and you don"t have the massive investment. Can move some dirt to get a dry pad for the bags. Making a long, narrow pile, covering with plastic, with the edges sealed with dirt is another way to get good, temporary storage. google Hanson Silo in Lake Lillian, MN for info on top unloaders in a sealed silo.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back