double sided v belt

MF294-4

Where can one get a double sided v belt besides John Deere? My 60 inch mower deck, m160, takes one. just broke a new one. No plyes. Feels like a rubber band. They warranted it but I would like to find a better higher power belt. Searched Gates but no luck.

Not sure where you are located, but try Columbia Rubber in Beltsville, MD. If I remember the numbering, a double sided belt in a B width will start out BB- (insert size in inches here). Columbia Rubber has a web site, but I always found it quicker to just get the phone #, and ask a live human, when you have a question.

What tractor is that deck used with? Belt part#?

When selecting and aftermarket belt be aware Deere commonly uses belts with "odd" angles (of the belt faces to each other) and you HAVE to get a belt with the same angle if it is to pull and last.

I believe the deck is a m160 which is a 60 inch deck on a John Deere 750. That is an 80's yammar. The belt part # is M140021.

you can get them at napa.. I was in there the other day and a guy was buying a double V for a mower.

soundguy

If you don't already have them, here's the "spec''s" for that belt.

Weight 2.07 LBS 0.94 Kg
Belt Section HBB
Effective Length 113.000 IN
Width 0.660 IN
Thickness 0.530 IN
Angle 34
Material ARAMID

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back