Emblems on 400

Bill in IL

I am getting close to finished with painting my farmall 400. I need to clean up the emblems and restore their shine. They are in pretty good shape but have rust stains on them from the hood. Anyone have good suggestions on how to remove the rust and make them shine?

I was assuming that they were aluminum or stainless steel but found out they are magnetic eliminating most stainless materials. What are they made of?

Stainless. Lower grade stainless can be magnetic. Any good chrome cleaner should clean them. I have used Mother's with good results.

What worked best for me was to take a scrap pine 2x4 longer than the emblems, drill a hole for each pin on the back, and lay it flat.
Never dull first follwed by Mother's chrome polish, a small buffer wheel that chucks into a cordless drill will help bring out the shine quickly, then hand rub as necessary for the final "polished chrome" look. Three coats of good car wax front & back and you are ready to put them on.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back