First post, first tractor 841 Powermaster

Thank you sir!
It's got a hole in the dash and it came with a new amp meter from Tractor Supply, so I might as well install it. I'm just not clear on the proper way to go about it.

When you get into using your brush hog you need to be mindful of your grill screen clogging with seeds and chaff and causing your 841 to overheat. Many YTers will add an additional screen in front of the grill which can be quickly removed and cleaned, just when brush hogging.

Here's a picture of the old boy:

mvphoto106638.jpg

(quoted from post at 18:17:17 06/13/23)
Thanks gents! And thanks doc for the temp heads-up!
I'm wanting to install a new amp meter. I have a 12v alternator conversion. Am I correct in understanding that the amp gauge installs in line from the alternator to the battery input? I understand that it's more accurate to run all load on one side but I'm really just looking for conformation that it's charging. If I'm correct, what gauge wire is recommended? TIA!

my alternator is on a piece of 10 gauge wire. i suspect 12 would have been heavy enough, but i already had the 10 laying around.

the wiring setup u describe for the ammeter is fine.

nice lookin tractor, congrats :)

(quoted from post at 07:13:45 06/14/23)
I'm wanting to install a new amp meter. I have a 12v alternator conversion. Am I correct in understanding that the amp gauge installs in line from the alternator to the battery input? I understand that it's more accurate to run all load on one side but I'm really just looking for conformation that it's charging. If I'm correct, what gauge wire is recommended? TIA!

my alternator is on a piece of 10 gauge wire. i suspect 12 would have been heavy enough, but i already had the 10 laying around.

Thanks for your help!
The engine was recently rebuilt along with a bunch of of parts replacement and refurbishing. So far so good. I just hope that it continues to run as good as it looks! I've got a lot of work for it to do...

(quoted from post at 07:13:45 06/14/23)

Thanks for your help!
The engine was recently rebuilt along with a bunch of of parts replacement and refurbishing. So far so good. I just hope that it continues to run as good as it looks! I've got a lot of work for it to do...

(quoted from post at 18:03:35 06/13/23)
When you get into using your brush hog you need to be mindful of your grill screen clogging with seeds and chaff and causing your 841 to overheat. Many YTers will add an additional screen in front of the grill which can be quickly removed and cleaned, just when brush hogging.

Good idea!
As you can see, it's got a secondary piece of mesh on the brush guard/bumper. However, I think that I'll add a piece of window screen attached to the sheet metal with some rare earth magnets over the factory grill.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back