Ford 2810 or 5600 and a hydraulic 3 hose mulcher

All,

I have two Ford tractors - 2810 and 5600 that both have 2-port hydraulics out the rear by the 3 point. I just purchase a forest mulcher that has a hydraulic motor with 3 hoses off of it. I understand the 3rd hose is a motor pressure relief that is supposed to run back to the sump or
hydraulic tank.

Couple questions
1. Can I run this mulcher off of the standard hydro block if I hold the lever? if not do they make a different hydro block that can be turned on/off?
2. Any ideas on how to connect this 3rd hose back to the rear end sump? Are there any additional ports on either of those rear ends that could be used? Open to suggestions.

BTW - the mulcher takes 10GPM and the 5600 is rated at 9.6GPM and the 2810 is 7.7GPM. I know both are under but I'm good with it running a little slower.

Another option it to pick up a PTO hydraulic pump and tank, but trying to see if I can get it working with what I've got first.

Thanks!

Tim

Yes, holding the remote handle in the open position with your hand or with a bungee should work. Keep in mind that the 3 point lift can be lowered, but not raised while the remote handle is in the open position.

I would think that you could put a tee connector to connect the regular return port and the pressure relief return port together before returning to the rear remote port.

Thanks Sean!

Is that the case with both the 2810 and 5600 - can't raise the 3pt when the aux hydro is activated? I was also thinking about a T but was a little concerned about what the pressure would be in the return line on a 16GPM PTO hydro pump.

What mulcher is it?

If its designed for a skid steer I'm going to say you will probably be disappointed running it off either of your tractors.

(quoted from post at 17:12:06 10/09/23) Thanks Sean!

Is that the case with both the 2810 and 5600 - can't raise the 3pt when the aux hydro is activated? I was also thinking about a T but was a little concerned about what the pressure would be in the return line on a 16GPM PTO hydro pump.

OK, well I was talking about using the 3 point hydraulic pump with the remote valve on either of your tractors. A PTO pump would require adding its own an external reservoir, so you could drill and tap an extra return fitting to the reservoir if the one you get doesn't come with two.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back