Ford Dozer blade

TractorDad3

Greetings and thank you for looking.

I am thinking I found a deal on a Ford blade to fit on the front of my 4 cylinder 4000. Does the pictured blade look familiar? I imagine parts may be tough if not impossible to source. He says he thinks he has all mounting hardware. Does anyone have a schematic/diagram/parts catalogue for me to reference with the seller to ensure I can attach it without having to make/find brackets? He says he bought it from a guy that had it on an 8N, and I know my 4000 must have different mounting point dimensions than an 8N

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_8139.jpeg
    IMG_8139.jpeg
    870.4 KB · Views: 40
Another view. I know I’ve seen these before. Asked for more pictures, will post when I receive

Attachments

• IMG_8140.jpeg
    IMG_8140.jpeg
    829.4 KB · Views: 18
I have one on a 3000 gas. Not terribly robust, this one has had a hard life. Check for cracks everywhere. Okay for snow or manure, not meant for dirt.

Greetings and thank you for looking.

I am thinking I found a deal on a Ford blade to fit on the front of my 4 cylinder 4000. Does the pictured blade look familiar? I imagine parts may be tough if not impossible to source. He says he thinks he has all mounting hardware. Does anyone have a schematic/diagram/parts catalogue for me to reference with the seller to ensure I can attach it without having to make/find brackets? He says he bought it from a guy that had it on an 8N, and I know my 4000 must have different mounting point dimensions than an 8N

Thank you for your time!
Agree
Another view. I know I’ve seen these before. Asked for more pictures, will post when I receive

Agree with Ernie. Decent snow blade. Will need to lock spring trip release if you push anything more significant.

Attachments

• IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
Thank you for your thoughts on the plow Ernie and Steve. Good to hear you each have one, I know they’re tough to find when an owner finds it matches the right application. My neighbors and I have a windy, paved driveway. Fun to back blade, but I think one of these would be a really nice option. I was able to capture a couple more pictures. I see one bracket that looks pretty bent. I do not see any evidence of a larger frame? I thought there was a larger frame that attached under and/or towards the rear of the tractor?

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    582.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2024-05-09_18-43-58.jpeg
    IMG_2024-05-09_18-43-58.jpeg
    878 KB · Views: 30
It’s tough to see, but the main frame is the portion that extends forward to the bottom of the cylinder, and goes back to the bottom middle of the tractor. It attaches to the tractor in two places. Attached is a photo out of the assembly instructions.

Attachments

• IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 21
This one is on a 4000 Diesel with SOS and No power steering. Looks nice but is about useless as far as doing anything with it. I restored it a couple of years ago for and friend and he has never had it out of the garage.

Attachments

• PICT0069.JPG
    PICT0069.JPG
    985.3 KB · Views: 22
The brackets to mount the front blades to the tractor changed over the years as the models changed but the blade itself was the same and will fit on all models from the Ns through the 3 cylinder Fords.
Also, there were two different blades - dozer blade and snow plow. Dozer blade is the same width but is lower height wise and does not have the trip springs.
I will likely be selling my snow plow for a 3000 this fall. It is complete and in good condition. You will need to provide your own hydraulic remote valve to lift it as that part will stay on my tractor.

It’s tough to see, but the main frame is the portion that extends forward to the bottom of the cylinder, and goes back to the bottom middle of the tractor. It attaches to the tractor in two places. Attached is a photo out of the assembly instructions.
Outstanding, thank you very much Steve!!

This one is on a 4000 Diesel with SOS and No power steering. Looks nice but is about useless as far as doing anything with it. I restored it a couple of years ago for and friend and he has never had it out of the garage.
Exactly what I am going for welding man. What a beautiful combination. Very, very nicely done sir, it is nice to see what I am going for, thank you for posting.
Sorry to hear about your experience with performance…we do get big snows here but this one will live a pretty easy life for now

Last edited:
I have one on a 2000 3-cyl. but cable lift, not the hydraulic like that. I have pushed some dirt but it was dumped. It will not dig. It has a frame of channel iron that bolts to the side mounting pads and a plate with two bolts at the front end just under the grill. The wishbone attaches to that frame. I found a parts diagram on the CNH site.

Main frame is missing. If you can pick up cheap build a frame out of angle iron. There was a frame on Facebook marketplace for a $100 upstate NY a few weeks ago, might be gone by now

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back