It's alive or at least was

RGR

Did my first repair on my 8N replaced a bad governor with parts I received from fellow forum members Thanks all, cranked it over and away it started everything worked good, felt like Dr. Frankenstein, it alive, its alive, it's probably not even a drop in the bucket for a lot of you, but for me it was a start. A few other issues, which are probably in the manual, but have to wait for the manual, wife wants to get it for me, she doesn't know what to get me so I said the manual, have to wait. Hooked a tach up to it, wanted to adjust the idle, couldn't adjust it, seems there is no stop where the adjustment screw is suppose to stop, so all the turning is going to get you nowhere, another day. Then decided to do an oil change, twilight zone, nothing like the videos or pictures, top came off oil filter no problem, then the pictures and video show grab that little metal ring and lift the filter out, not, metal ring pulled right out, had to pry it out with a screw driver, also figure the oil would drain out the bottom oil line and it would be empty, not, so pulled the filter drain plug and emptied it out, replaced drain plug put in filter, installed new gasket which is a tad big, has a little ripple in it hopefully it seals, then pulled the bottom plug, that was not bad, full of sludge, but not bad, also the drain gasket ripped, so I have make a new one or buy one. Having a grand old time, love this thing.
Slowly putting my foot in the water.

Every journey starts somewhere! Congrats!
It's easy enough to make that gasket for the oil plug, but the next
time you place a parts order you might consider ordering spares.
I think they come in a 5 pack and they don't cost much.
It's also not all that uncommon for the oil filter to come apart,
especially if they've been in there a long time, which many have.
Now it's time to buy another tractor or ten! ;)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back