No high pressure fuel from injector pump after air blead

Kenchambers

New User
I'm working on a Massey Ferguson 30 loader backhoe. 4cyl Perkins diesel
I have blead the air from the tank,through both new filters and into the injector pump. I get a steady Street of fuel from the bleeder screws top and bottom.
l get no fuel out of the high pressure side of the pump when I turn the key to start. The throttle is wide open, and the shut off cable is pushed in all the way. This is a new pump. What gives. Does this have to have a curtain pressure on the inlet to work?
Ken

How long did the pump set on the shelf? Pump MIGHT have stuck rotor plungers/metering valve from setting. Fuel at the bleed screws is good, but if the rotor plungers are
stuck it will never get fuel to/through the injectors. I get pumps in for repair often with stuck parts from setting.

It was installed on the unit but never had fuel in it, then sat for 3-4 years. I just bought it. Thinking all new, ok I'll take it. Guess I need to take it apart and check those things. I did suspect the stuck plungers. Thanks
I wonder if those stuck plungers would move , come in stuck if I put 180 psi air on the fuel inlet, then rotate to pump shaft. If the plungers are stuck they would have to be stuck in the retracted possision. What do you think? I may not have to take it apart after all.
Ken

This post was edited by Kenchambers on 10/27/2021 at 08:41 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back