While replacing the brake seal cage on my Farmall M last winter I had the PTO shaft out of the tractor. The front end of the shaft was in pretty rough shape as was the bushing. The bushing is at the front end of the transmission and I could barely touch it with my fingers. Has anybody replaced one without pulling the lid off the transmission? Can it be done? Thanks, Ellis

Never done it on m .
Worked on Farmall C . Never took that bushing out.
I would say get some help and take the cover off differential. .working thru the pto of a 560 is nothing short of,I cant describe.
Your can rent slide hammers with inside and outside pullers ,but might be easier to punch pull hack saw out bushing in three piece down the length and small chisel it out . Never done it. As stated. Could tap it with tap of appropriate size and slide hammer a appropriate bolt out . Could try freeze off get it cold enough,could pull it out. With bolt .
The shaft you will have to take to shop build up end of pto shaft and grind it true . You not going to put it back all worn out cause youll be doing it all over in a matter of short time wasted thousands of dollars of time and materials.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back