Rewiring my 951- Thanks john in la

awhtx

I've learned a couple of things about the 951 I bought last Saturday. I thought the model stamped in the trans was 951-1 (single front wheel) but it is actually 951-L so this tractor was originally LPG fueled. Sure enough there is still a vaporizer attached to the water neck/thermostat housing. There is also a snap in plug installed at the factory in the gas gauge hole in the instrument panel. That also explains why there is no fuel gauge bung in the gas tank- whoever removed the LPG system got the fuel tank out of a X00 series tractor.
The tractor had already been converted to 12V using a Delco 10si alternator, a 3 post starter relay and a key start ignition switch, bypassing the start push button on the trans. I didn't like that set up for safety reasons so I bought the standard On/Off key switch and installed a 4 post, ungrounded relay.
Thanks to john in la's wiring diagrams I quickly re-wired the tractor reusing the ammeter that was already installed and wiring the old red charging light into the 1/F wire instead of a diode. I reactivated the starter push button for safety. After all wires were hooked up I turned on the key and the red dash light illuminated. I pushed the start button and she fired right up with the ammeter showing a charge and the red light exterminated (disilluminated?).
Thanks john in la- your diagrams made it easy.

You are very welcome. Glad I could help you out.

Just my way of adding something I know about to this board and repaying for all the great advise I have received here.

Your tank could be out of a X00 tractor or just a aftermarket one. They do not make any aftermarket tanks with the gauge hole.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back