Farmall Super A snow plow needed

Restored my Step Grand-Dads Tractor and she is running great but am at a point I need to find a front mount snow blade system because I'm getting older and the back blade is getting too tough on my old carcass. It works great with the 3 point system I installed on it but twisting around and working backwards don't cut it anymore. I'm from N/E PA so would like to find something close to me so I could look at it before I buy. Any help would be appreciated. Thank Mike

Big rear view mirrors and/or a backup camera system.
Those front blades are out there if that's what you really want.

There is a guy in New Milford that dismantles Farmalls. I think he is on Facebook. Search for L and M Tractor Salvage. He might be able to help.

(quoted from post at 18:01:28 10/23/21) Big rear view mirrors and/or a backup camera system.
Those front blades are out there if that's what you really want.

Thanks for the do-able options. I prefer a front mount blade but if I can't find one you offered a good possibility and definitely cheaper. May the sun shine on you !

(quoted from post at 18:05:52 10/23/21) There is a guy in New Milford that dismantles Farmalls. I think he is on Facebook. Search for L and M Tractor Salvage. He might be able to help.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. New Milford is only about 15 miles away from me so I will check it out. I have a lot of hours in that old tractor and hate to part with it. Maybe next summer I could do the Re-Paint thing. You must be close to me is you know about New Milford. May the sun shine on you also !

I hope they push from the drawbar with them. Those models are not the best option for push blades with no frame rails along side the block for strength. I would rather an H or M for that reason.

I know what your saying, there might be better tractors but they used them for years and our snows aren't as bad as they use to be. What little I can make out from pictures it looks like they might use implement mounting holes that are taped in the side of the block. I found that L M tractor salvage place that was suggested earlier and the have a Farmall 140 with a plow on it for sale which is about the same design. I have to go look at it and maybe buy the plow. Thank for the reply.

That is interesting, Can you send any pictures of it just in case I can't find one. I'm sure freight from Kansas would be dear but sometimes you get Surprised. Thank You !

Looked up that salvage yard in New Milford today on the internet, got the phone # and physical address. so did a ride by today. It's really close so I'll give him a call tomorrow and see if he has a answer to my problem.

Seen tons of them for Cubs, but those won't fit obviously. Hardly ever see one for the larger tractors, and usually they're on a tractor.

You missed one on an auction up near Rochester NY a couple weeks ago. Came with a complete non-running Farmall 130.

(quoted from post at 07:08:50 10/24/21) I hope they push from the drawbar with them. Those models are not the best option for push blades with no frame rails along side the block for strength. I would rather an H or M for that reason.

Nope, they mount to the front bolster and torque tube just like a Cub. As long as you aren't a complete yahoo with it they hold up just fine, but if you go charging through unknown territory in 3rd gear with the blade down you have nobody to blame but yourself if you crack the tractor in half.

(quoted from post at 04:47:54 10/25/21)
(quoted from post at 07:08:50 10/24/21) I hope they push from the drawbar with them. Those models are not the best option for push blades with no frame rails along side the block for strength. I would rather an H or M for that reason.
I was thinking I could run a brace back to the draw bar as as safety factor. I never Ram Rod my equipment. I worked with a lot of stupid cowboys who abuse their tools so nobody touches my equipment but me. I'm going today to L and M Tractor Salvage to look at a plow mounted on a Farmall 140 which will fit my Super A and the guy will sell the plow separate. Thanks for the Ideas

Thank for the thought but I already bought a plow from a 140 from L And M Tractor Salvage and am suppose to pick it up this Thursday if the guy doesn't wreak it taking it off. People and their impact wrenches and bars strip,break and bend every thing they touch. Always in a Hurry !

Make sure you get all the pieces. I have the front blade on my 140 nut not the parts to belly mount it.

When front mounting there is a round shaft that goes through the square cultivator hole. Be sure to get the square spacers for both ends of the shaft. When I bought mine one was missing so the seller machined a second one for me.

Thanks for your input. This one isn't mounted using the square cultivator holes. It uses the round holes behind the cultivator holes. Now I wonder which is the proper way. Send pics of yours if you can please and anyone else if you have one mounted. Thanks !

(quoted from post at 07:17:22 10/26/21) Thanks for your input. This one isn't mounted using the square cultivator holes. It uses the round holes behind the cultivator holes. Now I wonder which is the proper way. Send pics of yours if you can please and anyone else if you have one mounted. Thanks !

Those holes do not look very sturdy to me. I need to hunt down the photos I got from the Craiglist seller.

EDIT: I found 8 more he sent me with the blade installed. I will post them later.

mvphoto83666.jpg

mvphoto83667.jpg

This post was edited by CityBoy140 on 10/26/2021 at 05:12 am.

(quoted from post at 05:06:08 10/26/21)
(quoted from post at 07:17:22 10/26/21) Thanks for your input. This one isn't mounted using the square cultivator holes. It uses the round holes behind the cultivator holes. Now I wonder which is the proper way. Send pics of yours if you can please and anyone else if you have one mounted. Thanks !
ttps://forumphotos.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto83666.jpg[/img]

mvphoto83667.jpg

I agree with you. Thanks for posting !

Glad it worked out for you. Im about 90 min. away from New Milford near Rickets Glenn State Park. Kind of a haul, but he had what I needed.

(quoted from post at 13:50:16 10/26/21) Glad it worked out for you. Im about 90 min. away from New Milford near Rickets Glenn State Park. Kind of a haul, but he had what I needed.

Hey Thanks again for the tip, I wasn't aware he was there and so close was a gem. Thank God I'm a welder and fabricator so I can make some missing parts and Straighten out some bent stuff, but I've been making a silk purse out of a sows ear all my life. Yes Ricketts Glen is quite a haul for you but at least you found what you need. I've been thru your area many times. Again Thanks Neighbor ! LOL

Well I picked up my front mount snow plow this morning from L and M tractor salvage and while the guy was great to deal with I can see I have my work cut out for me straightening out bent item from being mounted in the wrong holes. And I also have to locate 1.5 square tubing to make a mount for the cultivator slot. Hopefully it will be ready soon Thank everyone for your help.

You do not need 1.5 square tubing.Just 2 1.5 square pieces with a hole in the center for the rod & a piece of pipe the proper length to go between them. That is what I am using.

The previous owner did the same thing but had to make one of the ends because he could not find the old one.

(quoted from post at 02:54:11 10/29/21) You do not need 1.5 square tubing.Just 2 1.5 square pieces with a hole in the center for the rod & a piece of pipe the proper length to go between them. That is what I am using.

The previous owner did the same thing but had to make one of the ends because he could not find the old one.

Yes I understand but I have neither or those 1.5" square pieces your talking about. ( so no pattern ) Winter is closing in and I can't wait till spring to find them but I can manufacture from what I have available and probably be stronger than OEM. I really thank you for supplying me with the Picture because it gave me seed for thought. I will check 1 more farm supply house for OEM but my plate is really full at the moment. Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back