Ford 3000 draft control lever range of motion

xclr8n

This is my first post, hope everthing works right.
I bought a 1966 Ford 3000 diesel that needed some work, nothing serious yet. I do have the Ford service and operator manual. One of the
issues is I believe it is stuck in either the draft control or position control position. When the lever is fully up it is facing forward
and horizontal. When I push it down the end of the lever only moves about 2-3 inches or about 20-30 degrees. Is this normal or should it
move 90 degrees (as it looks like in the manual). When the lever is up it will lift my 700 pound rotary cutter off the ground but with the
lever down it will only lift it until the top link pulls on the draft control main spring. I figure I'll have to eventually rebuid the
system but I'm hoping lever is part of the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

P.S. I just had spinal surgery so doing anything too strenuous is not going to happen at least for another 10 weeks.

Just based on your description, it's working properly. There is not 90 degrees between the two positions.

I screwed up on the lifting description. When the lever is up the 3 ph will only lift until the draft control main spring gets pulled
backwards by the top link, when down it will lift the cutter off the ground.

(quoted from post at 10:32:00 05/10/21) I screwed up on the lifting description. When the lever is up the 3 ph will only lift until the draft control main spring gets pulled
backwards by the top link, when down it will lift the cutter off the ground.
ulling on top link should never cause any lift action. Pushing on top link (compressing spring) is motion that should result in lift, but only in Draft mode. Linkage likely worn or bent

Thanks for the replies. The action on the top link doesn't cause any lifting to happen but it does stop any more lifting once the top link pulls on the draft spring.

Also the flow control valve doesn't do anything. I guess I'll be pulling the lift cover and having a look.

Thanks guys

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back