going to buy a case model 411, need opinons

Anonymous-0

guys, earlier this month i posted a question to the general discussion board about needing a good general purpose tractor to do occasional ditch mowing with a bush hog, dragging a box blade down the driveway to keep the potholes in check and plowing the driveway in the winter. also i wanted the possibility of attaching a 3 point backhoe if the need ever came up. after some suggestions and seeing what was available in my area i have decided on a 1955 case model 411. it is in good shape and is said to be original. it runs and drives well and has a wide front end. the price is $1200. i have just a few questions for you guys before i buy: 1) do you think this is a good choice for what im going to use it for? 2) is this a fair price? 3) will standard 3 point implements attach to the "eagle hitch" or will i have to convert it? 4) are there any problems that this model tractor is prone to that i should be aware of? thanks -chris

Hi Chris,I have a "411",with a loader on it.Love the tractor.The price is great,I think all around its a good tractor.You will have to adapt to "Eagle Hitch".
If you ever put a loader on the tractor,MAKE SURE,you put supports on the engine,as with the loader they are prone to crack the block.You see the block is part of the frame.This tractor was my Dads and mine,and he has been gone since 01,and they can take this "411" out of my cold dead hands

sounds like im on the right track then. what does it take to adapt the eagle hitch to accept the standard 3 pt attachments? is there any loss of function or usefullness in the conversion?

Chris,
You might need to repost,as I'm not sure what needs to be done,I know,you cant hookup to Cat 1,but maybe some of the pros can add.

Eagle hitch arms are the same width as cat. 1, and take the same size pin. Top link needs to be modified in height so the top link is about parallel with the lower arms. Keep in mind that running a backhoe with the original 411 hydraulics will be slow. You might have to build a hydraulic system with a PTO pump.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back