installing wheel weights on 202

jesse CA

Hello all

I wanted to post some pictures of how I finally figured out how to get these large rear wheel weights on to my 202 as requested by SHAEFF and thanks to SCOOBIEGUY for kick starting my brain in figuring out

how to go about it.

Working out how to handle these monsterist weights took me a couple days to think it through and almost three days to completion.

I had to start by deciding what position the wheel centers would be mounted on my six loop rims which took some trial and error.

Then deciding how to lift and support the wheel weight into the rim, I remembered from work how we mostly used lifting straps instead of chains.

These lifting straps would have to be very narrow and thin to be able to remove them once the weight was set into the rim, so I looked to Mcmaster Carr to find some 1" wide x 4' lifting straps

which would fit into the clearance between the wheel weight and the rim, these thin and narrow straps were rated at 2400lbs.

The tires would have to be removed and remounted on the rims to maintain the correct rolling direction.I had to buy a bead breaking hammer to unseat the beads

this was a real learning experience at first try the hammer would just bounce off the tire ,I learned you have to stand on the tire while hammering the bead trying my best not to hit the rim.

dismounting and mounting the tires was very hard work.

The weight and wheel assemblies would have to be installed on the axle first then mount the tire with the wheel assembly on the tractor.

I had a couple of quotes from my tractor tire store and my local Massey ferguson repair shop both wanted three to four hundred dollars to do the work.I had to find another way.

There were many more steps in getting this done but that was the bulk of it.

These are just a few pictures of the weight install.
cvphoto61763.jpg

cvphoto61764.jpg

cvphoto61765.jpg

cvphoto61766.jpg

I gave up fluid filled when I replaced rims and wheels on my 202 some years back. Also switched from AG to industrial tires, tubeless. Even with chains, I lost a lot of traction in the process. I'd really like to find weights like yours.

I too wasn't too fond of liquid ballast which was why I continued to search out weights.Quite a while ago I saw these same weights at Eberhard Equipment , but looking at them at the time I didn't know what they actually fitted and they wanted 400.00 for the two.
Until I actually saw them installed on a MF135 in central Ca.I found on craigslist.
I now think these weights might still be out there due to 6 loop rims being quite common.

How can I attach this u-tube video I found ( the Title is case/david brown 1390 tire change) I used this video as an aid in dismounting and mounting my rear tires in the course of installing the weights on the 202.

Although I was unable to (after unseating the beads) pull the tire off the rim and "kick" the new tire back on the rim as he does in the video.

I still had to resort to using my two pry bars to accomplish these two steps. He made it look so easy.

(quoted from post at 10:42:35 11/05/20) How can I attach this u-tube video I found ( the Title is case/david brown 1390 tire change) I used this video as an aid in dismounting and mounting my rear tires in the course of installing the weights on the 202.

Although I was unable to (after unseating the beads) pull the tire off the rim and "kick" the new tire back on the rim as he does in the video.

I still had to resort to using my two pry bars to accomplish these two steps. He made it look so easy.

Awesome work, way to keep at it! This specific forum doesnt like you to link other websites. Its horribly frustrating.

Ive got the factory weights on my 35 Utility, which is basically the same machine as your 202. I also picked up a set of Rowe weights from a larger MF tractor. Im going to make an adapter plate to allow me to bolt the Rowe weights to my existing weights. That should get me to the 400 extra lb/tire weight Im looking for.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back