Pics-Results Of Farm Estate Sale

1206SWMO

Yesterday I gave in and went to the Bass Estate sale 30 miles southeast of me...It was a nice sunny and warm day...I saw lots of people that I knew....I was able to keep my hands in my pocket and didn't bid on a thing..

1-1850 Oliver gas with stuck engine---$1050-Make a good candidate for a 5.9 Cummins

2- Massey Harris 22-ran good -shifting problems---$625

3-H Farmall-ran the day before-left tire not much good---$475

4--H Farmall for parts-----$95

5-H Farmall with loader-stuck-----$250

6-1949 Olds 88-----$2000---Right after I took this picture they destroyed the rear bumper...
A 12,000 winch with no snatch block wouldn't pull it because the tie rod ends were broke
and the front wheels each went a different direction...They picked the rear up with a loader
tractor and messed the bumper up bad.

7-JD 116 side tie wire baler with Wisconsin engine---$50-didnt show much use-very restorable-if
I didn't have one just like it I would have bought it...

8-1961 Chrysler Imperial----$350

9-Sweetfeets GMC wrecker sold for $375

10-White top AC baler---$120 Orange top----$35-If I didn't have an original white top thats
only baled 1641 bales I would have bought this one.

11-Massey Harris 82 Combine-$60-A friend got it to part out-good drive tires

12-I row corn binder--- $140

13-JD 14T baler----$175--used 13 years ago

14-NH 845 baler----$220

15-Studebaker Lark----$250

16-Studebaker 2 door----$220---The others were $75 and $50

17 and 18-Allis Chalmers 40 combine----$100-very restorable but missing pto shaft
and gear box...Some AC friends from Cherokee,KS got it...They had been hunting one for awhile.
Over 40 years ago I used to tractor pull against Albert leaning on the combine..He had a 210 AC
and I had a 856 IH..

19-Old walk behind brush cutter with a Wisconsin-didnt write price down..

20-MM sickle bar mower--$50-went to a good MM man

21-An old store building on the farm that had been moved from Golden City,MO.

No pictures but a couple of the horse mowers brought $230 each..I didn't
watch them sell but they said that the signs sold good.
111le6d.jpg

znwqw4.jpg

25qt2kl.jpg

rizrbr.jpg

333v820.jpg

rk7up5.jpg

qo94s7.jpg

zslba0.jpg

vnpd1h.jpg

2425tti.jpg

bfewjt.jpg

10ejzn8.jpg

33ackdt.jpg

2j1o7kn.jpg

2qdbiv7.jpg

1pwlmb.jpg

jphd10.jpg

96vxxy.jpg

axieyc.jpg

33uaiko.jpg

141pgs6.jpg

The Roto Balers and the 14T look like they could be put back in service with a little work.

You passed up a baler just like one you have for $50 ?? It sure would of been worth it for spare parts !

That 1850 was especially cheap would,looks like everything was real reasonable.If the fellow that bought the AC 40 needs a PTO shaft and a gearbox I have a parts 40 I'd be glad to give some parts to anyone restoring one.

When loading equipment you just purchased at a auction, and the auction company damages it, while loading. Like the rear bumper on the 49 olds. Who is responsible? As for the rear bumper on the Olds at least they have a bumper that can be repaired. Looks like the other cars went fairly cheap. Like I said yesterday. Glad it wasn't near me or I would be dragging something home I had no business buying.Stan

I bought the 40 that day and definitely restoring it its in really good shape for the age I would be interested in any parts you have

1260SWMO,

Should've at least bought the GMC. LOL :)

Great pics. Fun to see the prices too. Thanks for posting them.

Around here the auction companies usually don't furnish loading....Most of the time a
family member or a neighbor furnishes the loading at your own risk....They let you hook
the chains....At this auction the son was doing the loading and he let the purchaser
of the car hook the chain..

The purchaser of the car just didn't come prepared enough to load a car with problems..Even though he had a 12,000 lb winch he had no snatch block...Also he ran jumper cables from the pickup battery clear back to the winch....He also needed a floor jack....I've loaded non rolling cars with just a floor jack and a come-a-long..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back