Locked up rear end

(quoted from post at 08:41:42 07/16/23) Hi thanks for alowing me to become a member. I have a Branson 2800 compact tractor and last week I was pulling a log out of the woods, it snaged up I gave it a little running tug and the hole rear of my tractor locked up almost bending the tractor in half shut off right away. It is a hydrostatic transmition. Now it will not start or move.everything is locked up

Ok followup to my post. The problem was a faild weld on the rear center section of the tractor the top left mounting bracket had a bad weld which let go and caused stress on the right side upper flange. Over time and use it let go causing the tractor to rear up pulling all linkages tight and locking the rear end up. The fix was to let go all linkages and free up brakes, put Come alongs on each side and brought tractor back into position. Welded flange and cracked flange on opposite side and added extra plate on top and welded. Reattached all linkages and adjuster neutrel position . Tractor is now working as it should.

(quoted from post at 09:13:04 09/12/23)
(quoted from post at 08:41:42 07/16/23) Hi thanks for alowing me to become a member. I have a Branson 2800 compact tractor and last week I was pulling a log out of the woods, it snaged up I gave it a little running tug and the hole rear of my tractor locked up almost bending the tractor in half shut off right away. It is a hydrostatic transmition. Now it will not start or move.everything is locked up

Ok followup to my post. The problem was a faild weld on the rear center section of the tractor the top left mounting bracket had a bad weld which let go and caused stress on the right side upper flange. Over time and use it let go causing the tractor to rear up pulling all linkages tight and locking the rear end up. The fix was to let go all linkages and free up brakes, put Come alongs on each side and brought tractor back into position. Welded flange and cracked flange on opposite side and added extra plate on top and welded. Reattached all linkages and adjuster neutrel position . Tractor is now working as it should.
ongrats. Always good to hear about a win.

(quoted from post at 11:13:04 09/12/23) The fix was to let go all linkages and free up brakes, put Come alongs on each side and brought tractor back into position. Welded flange and cracked flange on opposite side and added extra plate on top and welded. Reattached all linkages and adjuster neutrel position . Tractor is now working as it should.

excellent. glad to hear it :)

I will also applaud you on your positive outcome. I would like to think if you had applied a little more effort towards figuring out picture posting here the saga would have been cut a bit shorter. I just reread page one and scanned through the last half of the replies made. I will agree that some replies come across a little ..heavy handed.. one in particular about the size of your tractor. You have to realize some of these guys are or have been real farmers. For them to come out of the house and jump on a tractor that is under 40hp and head out to do a farm job on anything that size rarely happens. Most farm tractors these days are at least 80hp and go on up to 300hp and more. So for them to suggest you are using a ..garden tractor.. is not really out of line. I know you say that this machine has done this task for you for x number of years and that is believable. You tested its limits and have found a weak point. If you continue to use it in this manner will more weak points surface, probably? Whether it is under consideration or even in the budget the fact remains that you really need a larger tractor to do this tasks. Jerking logs around in the timber is not a job for the faint at heart! Best of luck for you and your machine in your future endeavors, BE SAFE!

(quoted from post at 13:07:55 09/12/23) I will also applaud you on your positive outcome. I would like to think if you had applied a little more effort towards figuring out picture posting here the saga would have been cut a bit shorter. I just reread page one and scanned through the last half of the replies made. I will agree that some replies come across a little ..heavy handed.. one in particular about the size of your tractor. You have to realize some of these guys are or have been real farmers. For them to come out of the house and jump on a tractor that is under 40hp and head out to do a farm job on anything that size rarely happens. Most farm tractors these days are at least 80hp and go on up to 300hp and more. So for them to suggest you are using a ..garden tractor.. is not really out of line. I know you say that this machine has done this task for you for x number of years and that is believable. You tested its limits and have found a weak point. If you continue to use it in this manner will more weak points surface, probably? Whether it is under consideration or even in the budget the fact remains that you really need a larger tractor to do this tasks. Jerking logs around in the timber is not a job for the faint at heart! Best of luck for you and your machine in your future endeavors, BE SAFE!
ell, all I can say is , interesting, because I was reading this and thinking that is was just a guy talking BS , just for entertainment.

(quoted from post at 10:15:09 09/12/23)
(quoted from post at 13:07:55 09/12/23) I will also applaud you on your positive outcome. I would like to think if you had applied a little more effort towards figuring out picture posting here the saga would have been cut a bit shorter. I just reread page one and scanned through the last half of the replies made. I will agree that some replies come across a little ..heavy handed.. one in particular about the size of your tractor. You have to realize some of these guys are or have been real farmers. For them to come out of the house and jump on a tractor that is under 40hp and head out to do a farm job on anything that size rarely happens. Most farm tractors these days are at least 80hp and go on up to 300hp and more. So for them to suggest you are using a ..garden tractor.. is not really out of line. I know you say that this machine has done this task for you for x number of years and that is believable. You tested its limits and have found a weak point. If you continue to use it in this manner will more weak points surface, probably? Whether it is under consideration or even in the budget the fact remains that you really need a larger tractor to do this tasks. Jerking logs around in the timber is not a job for the faint at heart! Best of luck for you and your machine in your future endeavors, BE SAFE!
ell, all I can say is , interesting, because I was reading this and thinking that is was just a guy talking BS , just for entertainment.
i am lucky i did the whole fix myself and it only cost me for a new bearing on the neutrel arm assembly $9

(quoted from post at 10:07:55 09/12/23) I will also applaud you on your positive outcome. I would like to think if you had applied a little more effort towards figuring out picture posting here the saga would have been cut a bit shorter. I just reread page one and scanned through the last half of the replies made. I will agree that some replies come across a little ..heavy handed.. one in particular about the size of your tractor. You have to realize some of these guys are or have been real farmers. For them to come out of the house and jump on a tractor that is under 40hp and head out to do a farm job on anything that size rarely happens. Most farm tractors these days are at least 80hp and go on up to 300hp and more. So for them to suggest you are using a ..garden tractor.. is not really out of line. I know you say that this machine has done this task for you for x number of years and that is believable. You tested its limits and have found a weak point. If you continue to use it in this manner will more weak points surface, probably? Whether it is under consideration or even in the budget the fact remains that you really need a larger tractor to do this tasks. Jerking logs around in the timber is not a job for the faint at heart! Best of luck for you and your machine in your future endeavors, BE SAFE!
i could not post pics because i am a new member i think. I tried they would not upload

(quoted from post at 17:19:40 09/13/23) i could not post pics because i am a new member i think. I tried they would not upload

iirc, the minimum post requirement for uploading pics was removed a while back. chances are you ran afoul of something here:

"Photo filesizes should be less than 300K and Videos, less than 2MB. Formats allowed are gif, jpg, png, ogg, mp4, mov, and avi. Be sure to use filenames without spaces or special characters, and filetypes of 3 digits lower case."

300K is pretty small. every modern camera takes pics that are larger. other common dealbreakers are a filename at your end with a space in it, .jpeg files (4 not 3 chars), .JPG (capitals)... the other workaround is to upload pics to an image host like imgur.com and then put a link to the pic in your post, like this:

[code:1:fec7f928f0][img]https://imgur.com/somemoreinfo/something.jpg[/img][/code:1:fec7f928f0]

that way the size limits don't apply.

[quo
te="NDIHC"](reply to post at 12:22:28 07/20/23) [/quote]
You were right, there is a center section of frame with flanges for attaching back 3 point hitch hydrolics and rear transfer case and also the transmission
The upper left mounting bracket weld broke so it was causing stress on the right side for i don't know how long. Eventually causing the right upper mount to crack. So now the only thing holding the tractor together are the lower mounting bolts which acted like a hinge when i pulled it opened on the top pulling the 4 wheel drive shaft out of spline and pulling tight all linkages. So there was no damage to transmission or any other part of tractor. I was able to put 2 comalongs from roll bar to loader mounts on each side and pull tractor back into position welded cracked flange on left and crack on right then added plate on top and welded for extra support. Put all parts i had to take off back on, right deck pan, brake pedles, drake linkages, hst pedals and springs, 4 wheel drive shaft, neutrel centering arm. Only part that broke was a small bearing on the neutral centering arm total cost to fix $9 for bearing and welding rods. I got lucky this time, i also learned a lot about this tractor

Happy to hear that you got it going again, especially that you did it on your own, now you know a lot about your tractor! Thanks for the update, so many times you never know the outcome because they never reply with the results!
DWF

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back