Recent content by BMud

  1. B

    Compression Values-39 B

    Hey guys. What compression should I have for my early styled (39) B? I ran a test on them and I have 75 on both sides. Engine is basically new. The cylinders were bored to get them back to round and new pistons are in (this was done by the previous owner about 2 yrs ago and it hasnt been run...
  2. B

    How much Paint?

    Ok, I guess now is a good time to ask also. I have a 39 John Deere B. How much paint should I use. I would assume it has about the same surface area as the ford 841, although the ford is short and squatty while my deere is taller and skinny. Any ideas? Brad
  3. B

    Things dont add up

    I asked a question to you guys a while ago about my pto leaking on a 39 B, SN 78072. I was advised to get the rope type seal, found it in my parts manual...it was hiding in plain sight, didnt find it before. Now for the interesting part. I open up the PTO housing and I find my existing...
  4. B

    CHEATING IN SCHOOL

    I know where you guys are coming from. I am 22 and am starting graduate school and I have seen cheating at all levels since middle school. It is not right. I havent done it, I worked for my grades. But, I feel that the kids of today are a product of their environment. Yes, many are...
  5. B

    Plan of attack

    Hey guys. I am in the planning stages of preping/painting my '39 Deere B. Here are my goals for the tractor. I would like to make it look respectable (but dont plan on showing it). It will probably be kept indoor when not being used. It will not be used as a work tractor per say, but I...
  6. B

    John Deeres in the Movies

    if you ever get the chance to see "field of dreams" take note when he is bush-hogging down his corn field. in that scene there is about a 2 second shot at his pto shaft....that isnt turning, but the bush hog is tearing up the corn. im not sure what model the tractor was, but if i remember...
  7. B

    39 B valve assembly

    Hey guys. Figured I would remove my valve cover for the first time to see what Ive got going on in there. To my suprise, I have a broken part. One adjusting screw (B208R, page 18 in PC-330) is broken in half laterally, essentially in the same direction as the threads. I another adjusting...
  8. B

    B Clutch

    Hey guys. Still workin on the 1939 B of mine. I previously asked about how to get the clutch drive disk out. Well, I still havent gotten her out. I have been trying to be kinda gentil with it. Currently it is sittin there with a home made puller on it. Put some penetrating oil on it as...
  9. B

    B PTO seal

    Hey guys. Ive got another question on my 39 B. Seems that there is a little leak coming out from around the PTO shaft. I looked in my parts manual to see what the part number is for the PTO seal, but according to this, I do not have one. PC-330,, pg 76, shows that they started using a PTO...
  10. B

    39 B clutch driving disk removal

    Hello. Im working on a 39 B (Early Styled) clutch to hopefully figure out/fix the oil leak problem. Any tips on removing the driving disk. I had a short amount of time to work on it a week ago, but couldnt get it to budge. Didnt want to force it too much then. Was afraid to put some heat to...
  11. B

    39-B handstart starting issue

    Haha, nevermind on this one, I now saw that my first post went through, if you wish reply to the previous one, or this one, whatever. I guess I had a Polish moment...
  12. B

    39-B handstart starting issue

    Sorry if I am posting this a second time I think I screwed up on my first post.... Have a 39 B (sn 78,XXX), handstart. After tinkering with it, it now runs, and is running better day by day. I can now get it to start by hand when it is cold. After it has warmed up and I turn it off I can...
  13. B

    JD B Handstart Starting Question

    Hey, I have been workin on my 39 B (SN 78,XXX) handstart. Finally got it to run, then got it to run smooth, mostly carb issues. Now it will start after spinnin it for upwards of 10-12 turns. After it has been run for a bit and I turn it off it does not want to start up again once its warm...
  14. B

    Tips for DLTX plug removal

    Hey guys. Been making progress on the 39 B (DLTX 10) since the last time I posted (thanks for the help PBrowning). I have been tinkering in my spare time and I believe I have an idle passageway plugged. It runs, but the RPMs surge up and down a bit, however much less since I put in the new...
  15. B

    John Deere B Magneto

    Hey guys, thanks for the help, I have got some more information. I adjusted the timing just now. When I got there, I set the flywheel to 3:00 sharp, loosened the nuts, rotated the mag CCW all the way till she stoped rotating, but the mag never snapped. I then checked the spark, and the #1...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top