Price of Diesel and Heating Fuel

WNYBill

Just paid $3.499 per US gallon for home heating fuel delivered in WNY. That seems a little high. Is it?

Bill

Don't know about heating oil, but my propane went from $2.38 a year ago to $2.78 in my part of Texas.
In 2020 it was $1.97.

This post was edited by Michaels Dad on 01/29/2022 at 07:55 am.

(quoted from post at 11:41:42 01/29/22) Just paid $3.499 per US gallon for home heating fuel delivered in WNY. That seems a little high. Is it?

Bill

$3.39 southern NH
Stupid high
About half that little over a year ago

It's $3.67 around here right now. I always do a pre-pay during the late spring or early summer for the following winter. This year I paid $2.79 per gallon for 400 gallons, plus $0.15 per gallon for downward price protection, so if the price drops below the $2.79 price I get it at the lower price. Last year it was $1.99 per gallon and I didn't pay for the price protection. When I bought this house 19 years ago it was old and not very well insulated and I was using around 650 gallons per year. As We made improvements and replaced the windows with the dual pane insulated ones and added insulation it the attic, etc. it dropped down to where we're only using around 380 gallons per year now. The minimum purchase for a pre-pay is 400 gallons, but they credit me back the unspent money each year towards the next year's pre-pay. They always top off the tank in the spring at the old price if it looks like the price is going to go up, and in the few years where it actually went down, they refunded my old money and applied it toward the next years pre-pay, and then topped off my tank at the new lower price. It's a local family-owned business that has been growing by acquiring other companies over the last few years, but they haven't changed their personalized customer service.

Needing to get the farm tanks full before it rockets up.. I talked to the fuel guy earlier in the week.. He wont confirm or deny anything... but he did say interest on the fuel now may be cheaper then the price later in the season... Idaho is one of the states where fuel has been slowly coming down but im afraid it wont be for long..

Guess Ill get em to start filling tanks now..

I just got home heating oil (winter blend off road diesel) about a week ago and it was $3.41 I don't remember what I paid last season but it was much cheaper.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back